The Best Baba Ganoush EVER
Seriously, this is the BEST baba ganoush ever. I dare anyone to top this.
I’m a serious fiend for baba ganoush, and the reason is, I grew up on this. My dad’s recipe.
He always makes it for me, and he waits for me to pop open the Tupperware cover and stick a spoonful in my mouth. He follows my every move, and he waits for me to make that universal sound, mmmmm. The one that means that once again, he made the perfect baba ganoush for me. I love my dad.
THE Best Baba Ganoush EVER
- 2 large eggplants
- 4 spring onions
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Lemon juice
- salt, fresh ground black pepper
- Roast whole eggplant in a hot oven on baking paper for about an hour, until peel is burned. Grilling on barbecue is better, but the oven is fine, too.
- Cool in a closed glass bowl.
- Cut the top half (with the white part) of the spring onions and chop coarsely.
- Scoop the meat of the eggplants from the peel.
- Separate the parts with the seeds and put in a deep bowl.
- Add chopped onions to the bowl.
- Grind in a few short pulses with a handheld blender, only until the mixture is chopped, not too smooth.
- Finely chop the rest of the eggplant flesh with a knife.
- Very finely chop the lower halves (most of the green part) of the onions.
- Mix the eggplant mixture from the bowl with the eggplant meat and onion.
- Add olive oil, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, lemon juice and lots of love.
Find more at: http://calliegold.com/
I make it on occasion, when I’m not eating with my parents, and I have to make my own. And although he gave me the exact recipe and made sure I go tit right, it still doesn’t taste as perfect as Dad’s…